There are a multitude of ways of how to save money on home energy, that do not cost thousands of dollars. Omaha’s Heating and AC company, Snell Heating AC offers suggestions on how to keep more of your hard earned dollars in your pocket.
Every 15 years or so we recommend you replace your old, less efficient furnace and air conditioning unit. In the meantime, you can trim your energy bill by simply planting shaded trees near your home. Another tip, is adding insulation in your home attic and walls, a one time cost.
Twice a year we suggest you do an internal and external inspection around your home’s perimeter. Then, seal cracks around windows. Here’s another recommendation that many people do not think of. Tightly close fireplace damper when not in use. Keeping it open wastes energy costs.
Refrain from buying traditional incandescent bulbs, and replace them with energy star bulbs that use less energy, produce less heat and last longer.
If your refrigerator or dryer needs replacing, look for the Energy Star symbol and compare. Their logo on big ticket items is a certification that means the product meets strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
* Plant shaded trees near home
* Add insulation to attic and within walls
* Seal window cracks
* Close fireplace damper when not in use especially during winter
* Buy only energy-efficient labeled appliances. Ex. Refrigerator, Dryer, Washer
* Purchase Energy Star light bulbs. They last longer, use less energy & produce less heat
* Close closet doors. Lowers square footage needed to heat and cool
* Use microwave more often that oven which utilizes less energy
* Get rid of old, extra refrigerators that tend to drain energy
* Unplug unused electronics. Power strips turned on sometimes zap energy, as do overcharged tablets & phones
* Lower water heater temperature 10 degrees to saves dollars. Recommended settings: 120 degrees or 110 degrees
We hope we’ve shared information you can use in this article titled ‘How to Save Money Home Energy Tips’. If you have any additional info to share, please send us a note.
For over 16 years, Omaha’s Snell Heating and Air Conditioning, remains a reliable northeast Nebraska provider of home heating and air conditioning, HVAC repair, maintenance and installation throughout the metro. Our customers are also in Elkhorn, Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista and Gretna Neb, too. They know they can count on us for all their heating and air conditioning needs with 24/7 Emergency service.
Snell Heating and AC. Service to the Highest Degree!